We welcome you as a patient and appreciate the opportunity to provide you with medical services. The information below is designed to introduce you to our services and to answer your questions about our clinic and our policies.
Our offices are open Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
For more information, visit our Locations page:
Our physicians maintain active privileges at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center, Unity Point Health – St. Luke’s, and Pierce Street Same Day Surgery in Sioux City, IA. Our physicians also provide care at Dunes Surgical Hospital in Dakota Dunes, SD, as well as satellite clinics throughout the Siouxland area.
Appointments, Referrals, and What to Bring:
Patients are seen according to their appointment time. All attempts are made to minimize waiting. However, emergencies do occur and disrupt even the best schedule. Your patience is appreciated during these times.
Bariatric Surgery – You do not need a referral for weight loss surgery, however we have many steps to our weight loss program including consultation, support groups, and seminars.
Coordinated Breast Care – Most often, you will be referred to our program by another physician. However, we are here to help any person who has received a breast cancer diagnosis with or without a referral.
Dermatology– You do not need a referral unless your insurance carrier requires one.
General Surgery & Gastroenterology– Most often, you will be referred to our surgeons by another physician. Under special circumstances, however, our surgeons will see you if you do not have a physician referral.
Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
- List of Medications – Please include name, dosage (strength) and frequency (e.g. daily, 3x/day)
- X-Rays from other groups or hospitals that would pertain to your visit with us (bringing a disc with the images is acceptable). (examples: CT scans, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Medical records and reports that may be helpful (example: Pathology reports, operative reports, etc.)
- Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past
- Insurance information and card
- A photo ID
- You will receive an invitation from Phreesia to complete the necessary forms.
Bring your insurance card and prescription card to your appointment so we may make a copy for your file. If you need assistance, please ask our receptionists. If your insurance requires a referral by your primary care physician, this must be done prior to your appointment with us.
It is helpful if you bring any test results and x-rays to your appointment.
You must bring a list of your current medications to every appointment at Midlands Clinic.
On all subsequent visits, please notify us of any address, phone number, or insurance changes.
Office Policies & Insurance
Our goal is to provide our patients with exceptional care. It is important that you have a clear understanding of our payment guidelines.
Midlands Clinic will file insurance claims as a courtesy for any non-cosmetic services we provide. Please provide us a copy of your current medical insurance card prior to your visit. This may be done at time of pre-registration which is sent to the patient by text up to 5 days before your scheduled appointment. You may also email a copy of the front and back of your card to email@example.com . Please also remember that your insurance contract is between you, your employer and the insurance company. Therefore, it is your responsibility to know your insurance coverage and which services are covered in your contract. Midlands Clinic cannot guarantee payment of your claim. If your insurance does not pay, you will be responsible for your financial obligation to your doctor at Midlands Clinic.
What You Need To Know:
- We accept cash, personal checks, as well as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Care Credit.
- Payment is due at the time service is rendered. Our clinic will collect co-pays or a $75 pre-payment for office visits of patients who have not yet met their deductible through cash, Visa, or Discover payment methods.
- Self-pay patients must pay a $75 pre-payment charge at the time of service.
- Patients needing a surgical procedure will be given a quote and pre-payment will be required when scheduling your surgery. This quote is our best estimate based upon your insurance benefits and what your out-of-pocket costs may be, it is not a guarantee of total charges. Additional charges may be added based upon your individual procedure requirements.
- If there is a balance on your account after your insurance has paid, you will receive a bill from us within 10 days. After 60 days, if your account is past due, it will be sent to in-office collections for review. If it is still past due after 90 days, it will be referred to an outside collection agency. You will be asked to make payment arrangements prior to scheduling another appointment at Midlands Clinic.
- If a patient has a delinquent account our clinic may deny scheduling your appointment. An account is considered delinquent if you have a past due balance over $250 and a payment plan is not in place; or if your account has been transferred to a collections agency.
Options If You Cannot Pay Your Bill In Full:
- We can set up a payment plan for you or offer financing options through Care Credit.
- You may qualify for financial hardship if:
- You’ve exhausted all insurance options
- Meet other criteria for financial assistance
Our Patient Account Representatives Can Help You:
- Understand your bills
- Review how the billing and collections process works
- Explore payment options to resolve your account
- Apply for financial hardship
We require 24-hours-notice in canceling an appointment. For patients who have missed three or more appointments, Midlands Clinic reserves the right to dismiss that patient.
For more information, call to speak with a Midlands Clinic Patient Account Representative by calling: 605-217-5500, then press 5.
For more answers to common questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Existing patients can always communicate with us via the secure messaging feature within our Patient Portal.
If you are not an existing patient, and you have a problem or a question, please don’t hesitate to contact us or call 605-217-5500. Our office is staffed with experienced and knowledgeable professionals to answer your questions.