When to See a Dermatologist?
You may feel awkward about seeing a dermatologist, especially if you’ve been told that acne is something you will eventually outgrow.
To help you decide whether or not it’s time to consult a dermatologist, listed below are some statements. Do any apply to you?
- My acne makes me shy
- I am embarrassed by my acne
- My outlook on life is less optimistic since I developed acne
- None of the over-the-counter products and/or remedies I’ve tried have worked
- I am beginning to see scars after acne lesions clear
- I have painful, pus-filled lesions in addition to blackheads and whiteheads and reddened spots on my skin
- I have dark skin, and a patch that is darker than my skin appears when an acne lesion clears
If you said “yes” to any of the above statements, seeing our dermatologist may be beneficial. Today, virtually every case of acne can be successfully resolved.