Hepatitis C, I’ve heard of it, but what is it exactly? We sat down with our very own gastroenterologist Sarah Bligh to learn all about Hepatitis C, its causes, symptoms, treatments, and everything in between and we are here to share all of it with...
We are right in the middle of summertime, and that means sunny days and warm weather. People are outside in the sun with their skin exposed trying to soak up the rays. As they shed the layers of clothing, it often prompts people to take a closer...
More than 20 years ago Lindsay Washburn was dealt a hand she wasn't expecting. She was diagnosed with Crohn's disease; an inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which can lead to abdominal pain, severe...
Skin cancer comes in three forms: basal cell, squamous cell and the worst kind, melanoma. View the Full Story
Take a look at the photo above. Does one photo automatically make you think that person is happier, friendlier and even more beautiful? Did you have a check list you went through to determine which...
Our newest, FDA-approved weight loss surgery option, the gastric balloon, was featured on KCAU's Your Health Matters segment this week. To watch the video and read the story, click the link below:...
March is Colon Cancer Awareness month, and for those who are 50 and older, it's a good time to have a conversation with your doctor about getting a colonoscopy. For many, just the idea of a colonoscopy produces enough anxiety to keep them from...
This October, Dr. Paul Johnson was recognized at a ceremony in Lincoln, Neb., for performing multiple surgeries on John Dunning, who survived a tornado in fall 2013 near Wayne, Neb. Johnson, a general surgeon at Midlands Clinic and Mercy Medical...
This article was featured on KMEG14 Siouxland News. CORRECTION: The video states that the KYBELLA™ procedure costs "around $5,000." The correct price is $1200. There's a new treatment to melt away "double-chin fat," and you don't have to go under...
This article was featured on KMEG14 Siouxland News. Bariatric Surgery is a complete life style change "We look at weight loss surgery as just a tool it is not a quick fix or an easy way out," said Megan Cleveland, Midlands Clinic. "So to really...
This article was featured on KMEG14 Siouxland News. It is no surprise that obesity can lead to a lot of complications. Dr. Keith Vollstedt of Mercy Medical Group said, "That excess weight that we carry also contributes to pain on the joints, pain...
This article originally appeared on siouxlandnews.com. Colonoscopies can be uncomfortable to talk about. But regular checkups could save you from the second leading cause of cancer. Siouxland News Reporter Katie Link went to Midlands Clinic to...
Midlands in the News
- Healthbeat 4: Coordinated Breast Care in Siouxland
- Healthbeat 4: Breast Reconstruction; What Patients Need to Know
- Your Health Matters: New vascular surgeon says screening key to avoiding amputations
- KMEG Healthwatch – Crohn’s disease
- KMEG Healthwatch – Colon cancer screening benefits
- KCAU Medical Monday – Dysphagia, difficulty moving food from mouth to stomach
- KTIV Healthbeat 4 – Earlier colon cancer screenings recommended at age 45
- KTIV Healthbeat 4 – Crohn’s Disease
- KMEG Healthwatch – State of the art cancer screening technology
- MEDICAL MONDAY: ‘Diverticulitis’
- Your Health Matters: Local clinic sees success with non-surgical fat treatment
- Irritable bowel syndrome and how to identify the symptoms
- The importance of screening for colon cancer
- Three cheers (and wins) for Midlands
- PROGRESS: Coordinated care for breast cancer now offered in Siouxland
- PROGRESS: Mercy Medical Center staff teaches public to control bleeding in emergency situations
- 2018 Siouxland’s Choice Awards Winners: Health & Fitness
- SculpSure offers noninvasive option for fat reduction
- FDA-approved Kybella targets chin fat
- Moisturizing key to preventing winter dry skin
- Threats to your skin abound on, in and around bodies of water
- SAY GOODBYE TO RED, ITCHY SKIN: New laser treatment gives Siouxland patients with psoriasis, vitiligo another option
- Common care products cause skin irritations
- New biologic drugs offer relief for psoriasis sufferers
- Report suggests processed & red meats increase cancer risk